Monday, November 10, 2008

Another 48 hours



So, I was going to write about what we did the night that Brendalys went into labor (mall walking and grocery shopping), and how we knew it was time (contractions 3 minutes apart for 35 minutes), the drive to the hospital (where I only ran 1 out of 3 red lights), and the actual birth itself (short, intense, and amazing), but after 8 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours, and the fact that I've stopped to stare at/hold/change Kaylani 5 times since I started writing this means that I'm going to have to learn to adjust.

We came home from the hospital this afternoon, and I wish there was a way I could express what I've been feeling over the past 3 days. Everything has been such a whirlwind, but a great whirlwind. Not to sound like lyrics from The Police (or a stalker) but every move she makes, every breath she takes, I watch her. I find myself hoping secretly that she won't stay asleep when I put her down, just so I can pick her up again. Everytime I hold her, and feel her next to me, I just keep thinking about how unbelievable it is that I made her and that she's mine. Our pediatrician told us that she wouldn't know she was being spoiled for a few more months. I sure hope that's true.

These past 3 days have been absolutely amazing. I know I keep saying that everything is amazing, but there's really no other way to describe it. I'm hoping that my body adjusts to the times of sleep deprivation (or what Kaylani calls the hours between 11pm-7am), but if I had to choose between getting normal hours of sleep, or having this beautiful girl in my life, I'd make the same choice over and over again. She's completely worth being awake for, no matter what time.

And to prove it to you, check out the updated pictures from Day 2 and Day 3. While you do that, it's time for me to see what my daughter has planned for Night 3, or what I'd rather think of as our first night at home together. Until tomorrow...

Oh, and by the way, congrats to Ruchi and Heather for correctly guessing Kaylani's birth date. As soon as everyone else pays me the $5 guess fees, I'll be sure to get your winnings right out to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it amazing?

JonnyTam13 said...

It's alright. Wait, the baby? Oh yeah, she's amazing!