Friday, December 5, 2008

Unconditional Love

I found out a few nights ago that one of my best friends is dealing with a family medical issue, and I found out a few moments ago that another best friend is dealing with one as well. One of them has a dad who is battling something, and unfortunately, it's unclear what that something is at this point. The other has a son who is undergoing emergency surgery tonight to hopefully clear up a condition. They are two different situations for my friends, and they have two different perspectives, but I'm sure they both feel the same way.

Since becoming a Dad myself, things like this tug on my heart strings a little bit harder. Whether it be a dirty diaper, overtiredness, hunger, or just gas, each cry goes straight to my heart and makes me want to help her in any way I can. Anything that might be hurting Kaylani makes me a little bit sad. I can only imagine what my friends are going through themselves, because it's far more serious that anything I've experienced with her so far. Kaylani has only been in my life for less than a month, and as we grow older together, it will be tougher and tougher to see her go through any times of pain.

Having a baby has made me realize that you cannot take life for granted. You have to enjoy every moment that you are given, and should always feel like you are blessed. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and because of that, I thank God every night for the wonderful life I've led, and will lead. I ask that He continues to watch over me and my family, my friends, my relatives, and all those in need, and tonight is no different. God bless each and every one of you, but especially my friends who need it the most right now.

To two of my best friends: You and your families are in my prayers, and I wish nothing but the best to each of you in the near future.

No comments: