Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our First Valentine's Day


I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. For me, it's just a marketing ploy to get couples to spend more on each other (and by couples, I mean guys, and by each other, I mean on their siginificant other). But just because I'm not a huge fan of it doesn't mean that I don't participate in it. I'm the guy who goes a bit overboard with the chocolate and the flowers, and usually some sort of overpriced gift and a cutesy message. This year, was something different though.

I still bought a lot of chocolate, and flowers, and had a cutesy message, but I didn't have a gift to go on top of all of that. It wasn't that I didn't want to buy a gift (I always have a few ideas in my head), but I just haven't had time lately to run out and get one. Well, I guess I did have time, but it was more that I didn't want to because running out to get a gift by myself meant less time I get to spend with Kaylani. And when it really comes down to it, any gift that I got would have been no match for the gift of having Kaylani with us this Valentine's Day. Although Mommy did get me a gift that was the best of both worlds, since they were pictures of Kaylani that I can bring to my office.

Valentine's Day with Kaylani made this the best Valentine's Day ever (Mommy agrees). We weren't big Valentine's Day planners anyways because it was always too expensive and crowded, so being able to stay in and having a legitimate "excuse" was perfect for us. We did get out for a little bit to visit Danika (and by visit, I mean steal more of Sloan and Darby's "retired" toys), and then had a productive day back home that I'll talk about tomorrow. And we actually ended up having our own little romantic dinner (Creamy walnut penne with chicken made by Daddy) that Kaylani conveniently napped through. And after Kaylani goes to sleep, we'll have delicious cheesecake made specially by Mommy.

Today may have been a holiday (more specifically a marketing holiday) around the world, but to us, it was just another great day that we got to spend with Kaylani. We celebrated the day of love by sharing our love with one another, but in all honesty, it wasn't too different from every other day we spend together. Well, except for the flowers, the chocolate, and the fact that Daddy cooked and Mommy baked (since Mommy usually cooks and Daddy usually bakes and there aren't normally flowers and chocolate around).

Anyways, it's another first for Kaylani that has now come to an end. Tomorrow brings on more adventures, but until then, it's time to put Kaylani to bed. Hopefully she'll sleep for 9+ hours since she had a nice bath and looks really tired just like she did 2 days ago when she slept for 9.5 hours, but only time will tell. But either way, here are pictures from the last 3 days, including of course pictures of her cute Valentine's Day outfit. Her onesie says "Will You Be Mine?", and I only wish I had one that says "You bet your cute little butt I will!" so that we would match. Maybe next year.

No comments: