Saturday, May 16, 2009

Using it all up

Kaylani's not even close to being able to play sports, but I'm not sure I'm going to have enough in me when she is ready. For the second straight day I was at the fields coaching until 10pm. And tonight, we had a back to back doubleheader that started at 5 (we ended up splitting the games by the way).

At least today I got to spend the hours before the game with Kaylani. That didn't make being away from her at night and during her bedtime routine any easier. I really shouldn't be complaining since some of the league administrators were at the field from 7am to 10pm, but
that's them. I don't know when they started that crazy schedule, but I'd guess that it wasn't when their kids were 6 months old.

If I keep this up, I might be burnt out of organized sports by the time Kaylani is 7 months (okay, maybe a bit after that). Luckily Kaylani is sleeping at night again (5 straight nights over 10 hours!) so I'm able to get some rest. But for now, I'm mentally tired, I'm physically tired, and I'm just plain out tired. So goodnight for now. Tomorrows another day. A Little League free day too!

No comments: