Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Taste of Summer

What a long, beautiful day today was. Just think, this was only the beginning of summer, and it's not even officially summer yet. So I guess we'll consider this our first taste of summer.

Kaylani was eager to get the day started so we were out of bed by 6:30am. Cousins Connor and Zoe were up at 7:30am, and I guess that's what we could consider the real start of the day since it didn't let down after that. The activities for the day consisted of playroom time, then a baseball game for Daddy and park time for the rest of the family, and then it was back home for the Yankees-Sox disaster of a game and some good ol' summer grillin'!

I can only imagine that this is how all of our weekends will be like over the summer. I'm going to go ahead and say I can't wait for now, but ask me after a few long, tiring weekends once summer starts. Maybe I'll change my mind by then, but more than likely, I'll tell you I'm having a great time. Can you blame me?

No comments: