Thursday, April 30, 2009

Foot Feeding


When I wrote yesterday that we were going to start giving Kaylani 3 meals a day, I didn't realize that she would take her own steps towards making sure that happened. She ate 1/4 cup of oatmeal this morning, a 1/3 of a cup of oatmeal and carrots for lunch (kinda), and 4oz of sweet potatoes for dinner, but that wasn't quite enough. Maybe it was because she puked up her lunch afterwards (we're blaming the shots...or the fact that oatmeal and carrots is gross), or maybe she just wanted more to eat.

We've always known her to nibble on things like her toys, her hand, us, or whatever, but tonight was something completely different. While we were getting her ready for bed, she decided to eat her foot. Not just grab it, but eat it. All of it. She got so much of her foot in her mouth that I figured I should charge her for a $5 foot long from Subway (which would also end up saving our favorite TV show "Chuck"). But besides the poor Daddy jokes, I was pretty amazed that she could get that much of her foot in her mouth.

When she's older, she'll realize that putting her foot in her mouth won't be a good thing. If she's as talkative and sarcastic as Daddy, hopefully she'll learn that lesson earlier so she doesn't end up putting her foot in her mouth. But for now, we'll still count it as being cute. Well, I actually think it's kinda gross because feet are gross, but that's just me. And when it comes down to it, nothing Kaylani does can really be counted as gross because she's so damned adorable (even if she does have Hershey Kiss shaped poop).

And to prove it to you, here are a few pictures from this week. Hopefully feet don't gross you out like they do me. But if they do, then don't focus on those pictures. Instead, just look at the rest of the pictures of my little girl. I know I will.

No comments: