Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Whole New Lifestyle

Just about a month ago I made a committment to lose 10% of my body weight before my next doctor's appointment. And I said I would do it because Kaylani was enough of a reason to do it. Well, today was my next doctor's apppointment, and I did it! Actually, I ended up losing 17lbs in the last month, which means I fell 1lb short of my goal and only lost 9.5% of my body weight. Sure I may have fallen a little bit short, but when you round it up, it becomes 10% anyways!

To be honest, the actual number of pounds wasn't the real goal. The real goal was to get my blood pressure down, and it is now well within the normal range (117/70). Historically, this is when I would revert back to my old lifestyle and start to eat more and slowly put the weight back on over the next 6 months. But this time, I'm in it for the long haul. It's time to continue on this whole new lifestyle, and I feel like it's easier this time around. When you think about it, I've had a whole new lifestyle since Kaylani was born anyways.

Meeting my short term goal for being healthy made me feel pretty good about myself. The thought of meeting my long term goal for my family makes me feel even better. I'm in it for real this time and I'm saying it right now that I'm not going to fully revert back to my old lifestyle. Sure I may have gone to Outback tonight for a celebratory dinner (which ended up being a waste since they didn't have Prime Rib), but tomorrow, I'll go back to my smaller, healthier portions of food and I won't even complain about it.

There's always someone out there that will make you want to be a better person. And in some cases, you'll have more than one person. I definitely have at least 2 people, and they're both sitting in this room with me right now. One of them is talking to me about her day, and the other one is doing the same but drooling at the same time. So it's time for me to wrap this up and go wipe the drool up from Mommy, I mean Kaylani. Just remember, whatever your goals are, if I can do it, so can you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

I love Outback!

JonnyTam13 said...

Thanks man! Come visit and we'll go to Outback. It'll be better than TGI Fridays or that crappy wing place...promise!